- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Be in good academic standing (a minimum GPA of the equivalent of a B+).
- Have completed or be currently enrolled in a health/science-related university degree. A strong grasp of basic medical terminology is required.
- Commit to a minimum of 12 months employment.
- Type at a minimum speed of 50 words per minute.
- Have the constitution to work on their feet for the duration of a physically taxing 8-hour shift.
- Be available to work shifts that are scheduled all hours of the day. All medical scribes are expected to be available to work at least two night shifts per month.
- Have clearly legible penmanship.