Hiring for this period has now closed. If you would like to be notified when we are hiring again, please submit your email below.
Medical Scribes of Canada is expanding across the country and will be hiring in various locations for full-time and part-time positions. This is an unparalleled opportunity for current students and post-grads who are looking to pursue careers in healthcare, particularly in medicine.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR APPLICANTS WHO:
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Are in good academic standing (a minimum GPA of the equivalent of a B+)
- Have completed or be currently enrolled in a health/science-related university degree
- Have a strong grasp of basic medical terminology is required.
- Can commit to a minimum of 12 months employment.
- Can type at a minimum speed of 50 words per minute.
- Are able to work on their feet for the duration of a physically taxing 8-hour shift.
- Are available to work shifts that are scheduled all hours of the day.
- All medical scribes are expected to be available to work at least two night shifts per month.
- Have clearly legible penmanship.
Working as a medical scribe is an unparalleled opportunity for those looking to pursue careers in healthcare, particularly in medicine. Due to the unquestionably unique experience working directly alongside a physician on the front lines of Canadian healthcare provides, especially considering how small the number of people who are given this opportunity is relative to their peers who are not, competition for a position as an MSC medical scribe is quite fierce. Understandably, we receive numerous applications from students who cannot afford to commit the time necessary to excel as a scribe and instead simply hope to work the bare minimum to pad their Medical School applications. As such, we maintain a policy requiring a minimum of 6 months consistent work before considering writing a reference letter on behalf of one of our scribes, outside of extenuating circumstances.
The position of Medical Scribes is paid, however, the wages for the position are not such that would constitute a viable long-term career option. Work as a medical scribe is intended to be transient; offered to the most qualified applicants as a means of gaining unrivaled clinical experience to help bridge the divide between academics and future careers in medicine. In order to constitute a sustainable business model, we offer physicians medical scribe services at rates that are financially viable and that will result in increased profits. As such, medical scribe wages are accordingly set. Depending on factors such as seniority and responsibility, MSC Medical Scribes are paid an hourly wage ranging from $14/h to $17/h.
Both part-time and full-time positions are available.